Police officers don’t have a national database. Most police departments are not regulated by a State Regulatory Board. Police departments need an oversight and accountability organization just like other licensed professionals: Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers, Social Workers, Accountant Finance, etc.
Below are some suggested protocols:
- All police departments must report all questionable behavior to the National Database.
- Excessive force and abusive misconduct.
- The grand jury process must allow both sides to participate.
- Licenses, police pension and insured state and National Database, for public access.Police officers killing unarmed people, lawsuits.
- Making Pothe lice Union carry liability insurance.